This is where I can go a whole day without seeing another person.
And when I look North, South, East, West, I see gravel roads that slant upwards, and seem to shoot up towards the sky. Like this city was punched into the map by an angry fist, making it difficult to get up, and get out.
Everything is square, defined, and I can hear a lawn mower at almost all times of the day.
Laundry constantly on the line, giving the illusion that we're housing a small army.
I always say I'm going to go for a walk, but I never quite get there. I think I'm most afraid of realizing that there isn't any place that I'm going to want to sit for awhile once I walk there. Like that epiphany I want, will never happen.
So instead I lay on my bed, and have an anxious feeling in my arms, legs, toes. The kind that makes me feel nervous, but not enough to vomit. I just fidget constantly and think about things that shouldn't be thought about.

No comments:
Post a Comment