Wednesday, October 06, 2010

sol

Well, it is SOO hot here right now. The sun is shining and I just got done with community service...the children are so precious. I cannot even express how amazing these kids are...so caring and loving!!! When we leave they attack us with hugs and kisses and are always laughing; I'm going to miss them so much in December.
I decided I'm going to skip alll of my classes today and go to the beach. I have to experience this while I can!! :) Maybe tonight, we'll go out dancing and then tomorrow I really don't have to go to class either because there is a city wide PARO (strike). All of the buses, taxis and the public schools are closing so that they can demand higher wages. My school is private, so we technicallly still have class, but the teachers can't force us to come because we don't have transportation means to get there.
I'm still working on posting more pictures...I've been getting into the slow-paced rhythm here...it is so hard to find ambition when the sun is out and the beach is calling!!!

2 comments:

  1. Would that be skipping school in the USA? It sounds like you are having too much fun. Actually we miss you and we are sending M and G to check on you. Show them the sights. love gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I remember all the public service strikes. Our street would be blocked off by people holding signs...the tram literally couldn't run.

    ReplyDelete