That said, I am left with a few feelings. First, it sometimes feels like I never went to Uruguay...like the last 5 months of my life were just a dream. It was too good to be true, and now I'm here and nothing has changed. I still have to fit in the category I was in before I left, which is difficult, and mostly impossible. Secondly, I feel like I can do ANYTHING. I know I was a confident person before, but I feel absolutely no pressure to confine to any type of thinking. It is so easy to grow up in a certain mindset, and not realize that you do not have to conform to that.
So now I am left hanging up the Uruguayan flag above my bed and looking through pictures and letters left from those who guided me through my study abroad experience. It is actually physically painful most of the time to think about it; its a very weird feeling.
Video chat also makes it alot easier to get in touch with those far away...thank goodness for technology! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't speak in Spanish everyday! I love it so much...I get an immense high just from speaking Spanish. Its absolutely indescribable.

No comments:
Post a Comment