Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cosas!!

This is very close to my house---see the ocean in the background??
The buildings are beautiful--this is in the central plaza
Our living room that we never use because it is so cold!
My room!!


I am at La Universidad right now...just finished my first part of orientation--it went really well!! I met a girl from Eau Claire, named Rachel so that was pretty cool. Other than that there were people from Germany, France, Denmark, Austria, Italy, England, Mexico, Guatemala and other parts of the United States. I am the youngest person in the program--2 or 3 people are 20 and a bunch are 22-23, but there are alot that are 24-30ish. I am a baby here! But in a way I'm glad, because I feel like I have a leg up on people because I am doing this so early--I have my whole life ahead of me! I have been riding the bus by myself lately, and am having no problems finding things and getting around--its pretty easy. The buses are always packed and I am still getting used to the people selling stuff during the ride. The other day, a man was selling scissors, hair clips, and nail clippers...there is always so much to see haha
The language is still my biggest obstacle, but it is getting easier---a little more every day!!! Here are some pics of my house, the city...and more!
Today I am going to the shopping center again, and then taking the bus back home for lunch. It's past 3 here, but the pace of life is so slow, that stuff happens pretty late. The business don't open til after 9...which is fine by me, because I don't leave the house until 10 or 11 unless I have to be at the university. However, orientation starts at 9:30 at the earliest!
Last night Silvia made me a corn dish--it had the consistency of rice cereal, but it tasted good and Silvia said there was no fat in it. In that case, it was DELISHHH haha
...it's so nice to have basically the whole day to myself. I am getting used to being alone, and doing stuff by myself--it's very different than what I'm used to though, but it's not bad at all.

Pictures are very difficult to upload--it takes a lot of time and almost never works, so forgive me for the lack of pictures. (Rachel did you have the same problems??) If you have facebook, I finally got some up on there!!

6 comments:

  1. is it just me? I can't find the pics - boo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, mom they are not posting...i'm trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see them now, cool. Oh how I am missing your sassy way of saying "mom"! The way you wrote that made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so tell us more about your boo boo that you got from your bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://picasa.google.com/

    I put up picture albums using Picasa. You download it to your laptop and then you can upload from there to the online albums. (ie, I have pictures in Picasa that are not uploaded, merely stored there)

    Mine are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/rachel4kaiser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you and love your room. I am a little jealous of you getting to feel cold. Its too hot and rainy here :( but anyway, i am LOVING your updates, keep it up!! Can't wait to hear from you and expect mail soon!!

    ReplyDelete