Thursday, August 30, 2012

a list

So, 932749345 people (slight exaggeration) have asked me WHY I am going back to Uruguay. I compiled a list of what I can think of so far:
1. I want to perfect my Spanish
2. I have a wonderful support system of friends/host family
3. The pace of life is much slower, people enjoy each other's company and aren't afraid to relax
4. They are home to some of the most secluded and beautiful beaches in the world
5. They have beautiful accents
6. Uruguayans make fun of their country, but love it fiercly
7. There are fresh food markets EVERYWHERE
8. My life there is more challenging, but more rewarding
9. If I can do this, I can do anything
10. It is a very safe country
11. It is not a popular tourist destination, but rather a hidden gem
12. I love their public transportation
13. They love their soccer teams, their mothers and summertime
14. It is a country of 3 million habitants. It feels like my own little hidey-hole
15. The music: the good and bad
16. Its location makes it much more feasible to travel in South America
17. The climate and food are much like WI, so I feel at home always
18. They are a very sarcastic population, but ironically the word "sarcasm" doesn't exist in their dialect
19. There are very rich and very poor side by side
20. I want to learn how to drive stick, which is the only thing you can find in cars
21. They know their history
22. I have room to grow
23. They have interesting sub-cultures
24.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment