They don't have feelings like us, and they don't understand our hearts.
Go ahead, admit it. We allow ourselves to be shy, harsh, defensive, embarrassed. Why? Its easier then opening up.
However, my little brother has opened my eyes to the sensitivity of the male gender. Awhile ago when visiting home, my brother (2 years younger) and I were just chilling, hanging out. I'm not exactly sure what the context of the conversation was or the precise wording, but he stopped at looked at me intently. He proceeded to say something very close to this:
"You know, when you and Rachel (our sister) have boyfriends, I notice things. I notice how you act, how they make you feel, and how they can hurt you. I don't want to do that to a girl, because I know what my sisters have gone through."
I never realized that my relationships impacted him in that manner. I sincerely believe that every guy has compassion within his character, and that when we are hurt they either don't realize they made us cry, or didn't have a sister to see first-hand, the damage they can inflict.
So when you start believing that guys are heartless, remember they just might have a sister that felt exactly the way you do, and they could do nothing about it. A brother's heart breaks just the same.

Quinn is a rock star.
ReplyDelete