Friday, April 30, 2010

Blind and In Love

I don't want to have to dig,
just to find out that you're deep.
I want to smell it on your skin,
and feel it; purposefully.
Open hands, arms, mind, heart.
Too much to take in at one time,
so it will linger like radiation.

And when I talk too much,
you'll listen.
But you'll make me stop, sit, silence.
Not empty, but buzzing and overflowing:
electric.
And I'll drink it in, because the less I talk
the more you'll speak to me.

In so many ways I am too much, too little.
But you'll take what I have to offer,
and I'll smile in my sleep.
When you're gone I'll pull pillows close;
breathe in your smell.
Your thoughts are beautiful,
and smell like rain.
It's what I see with my eyes closed that I love most;
You are my senses.



No comments:

Post a Comment