A few people have asked about the bracelets and when I talked to Kate we decided the best way was to have some shipped home for me (from North Carolina) and so I will be able to sell them when I get home in December! Remember to ask me about them then! Here is the website for the organization if you want some more info: http://www.helpinghands-bolivia.org/
Also,
I uploaded more pics onto picasa--so make sure to check them out!
And, this morning I went to my community service site...incredible! I am working at a school with 5 year olds doing art projects and things like such as a way of creative expression and/or therapy. The kids (about 24 of them) are from a very low economic class and have alot of problems with attention deficit among other things.
An interesting note about the school systems here is that EVERY child has a laptop, provided by the government. This is cool, in theory, but many of the children go without food and electricity and proper clothing...yet they have a laptop. Silvia said it was so the gov't could boast "every child with a computer"...but they fail to acknowledge the basic needs of these children. She said, how sad that a child has a computer, but no light, no breakfast, no jacket...
Needless to say, it is going to be an amazing experience, and I look forward to working with them--they are so precious!!

No comments:
Post a Comment