Friday, November 05, 2010

lowww down

Soooo

Tuesday we didn't have classes for Day of the Dead so Monday night we had a giant asado. I have no idea how I got this lucky: we went to a very nice neighborhood and about fifteen 20-25 year-old of my good (and good-looking) Uruguayan guy friends grilled us all steaks, sausage and chicken all for about 8 dollars (drinks/snacks included). Asados are the best thing ever invented :) SO DELICIOUSSS and they last from about 10 til 3-4 am.
That said, I spent all Tuesday morning in bed and then went to the beach all day....I did do some homework though!!
The rest of the week was spent catching up on all of the things that I'm really goodat putting off (aka homework/tests). Today we're going out for Kate's 22nd birthday to get some GREAT cheesy fries and then tomorrow morning I leave early for Punta del Este. It is so hot here that I got sick from the heat the other day...and its just spring. People are still in sweaters here and jeans....I am dying in a tank top!
Last night we went out for Mexican food at a good restaurant. It was good, but this country is notorious for the lack of spice (and lack of ability to make good Mexican food). ..it was delicious but not hot at all...dang!!

No comments:

Post a Comment