I was supposed to go to salsa class and then a salsa club, but then the rain started...and I don't think I can do 4am on a school night! It rained all night...(100% humidity happens pretty often here) and this morning I finally had to break down and buy a paragua (umbrella) for 99 pesos (roughly 5 bucks) for the walk to school.
The doors here open the opposite way of the US so for the first week or so I looked like an absolute idiot trying to pull doors open. Now, I have to make an active effort to think about which way the door goes...I look soo cool (:
I'm finally getting to the point that I can talk about my day fluidly with Silvia--it feels great to be able to talk and joke!!! In 2 weeks I feel like I've learned so much vocabulary, and talking to sales people and other tasks are definitely not a problem like they were a week or so ago. I find that when I am expecting people to talk to me or ask me something, it is much easier to answer them. However, if someone randomly talks to me or asks me a question I haven't heard, then I usually have to ask them to repeat it. All in due time I guess...

Isn't 100% humidity rain?
ReplyDeletenot necessarily Toph...its just really damp...
ReplyDelete