I don't really want to talk about the details of my actual job, mostly because it doesn't really interest me nor is it something I am passionate about.
What I do love about my job is where it is and who it is with.
Uruguayans are fun to work with.
Things we do at work besides actual working:
-eat Uruguayan snacks
-drink lots and lots of mate (a traditional uruguayan tea)
-talk about the differences between dialects of Spanish and English
-talk about soccer (i obviously have nothing to add to that conversation)
I work in a department of about 15 people ranging in ages of 22-30ish. I'm the youngest. Immediately when I started working with everyone, I felt EXTREMELY welcomed in. I got a bunch of emails welcoming me and everyone went out of their way to help train me and make me feel super comfortable. I genuinely feel like I fit in well with everyone and am very blessed to be able to work with a group of people that are so NICE!!!
My hour transit to work has only been a hassle when it rains because you get soaked at the bus stop and then have to sit in the bus for an hour feeling horribly uncomfortable. Otherwise I LOVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. I usually fall asleep with my mouth gaping wide open or just listen to conversations on the bus to pick up slang.
Just a note of advice for people that are calling my cellphone--I AM recieving your calls, however I recieve them while at work so I can't answer (obviously). If you'd like to reach me by phone call between 5:30-8:30 p.m. Those are literally the only hours I'm awake and at home.
Work is exhausting (as I'm sure everyone who has ever worked always says). The most exhausting part is the fact that I work fluidly between 2 languages (as fluidly as I can haha). Although I feel very comfortable around Spanish, it is still difficult to understand some slang and to be able to communicate in a professional manner (I learned alot of my Spanish in dance clubs). However, everyone at work is super patient (and bilingual) so they always correct me and help me. They speak to me completely in Spanish (per my request) so meetings, emails, cubicle conversation, lunch time...everyting in Spanish. Its actually only my ACTUAL work with real estate agents in USA that is in English. LOVE IT.
Other than that I'm doing well. Just learning what its like to be a grown up. Its incredible, you never know where you will end up.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment