Sunday, September 16, 2012

First days o' work


I started work this past Wednesday...WOW it had been a whirlwind.  I work for Altisource Portfolio Solutions...its a property management company. NOW, I don't really know anything about realestate, but man have I been learning!! The majority of people I work with are Uruguayan so my training, in-office emails, meetings, lunch conversations, etc., are all in Spanish--which is great, I need the practice!! However, my actual work consists of emailing/calling brokers in the USA so that is all in English.  Overall, its exhausting speaking/working in 2 languages and entering a new work environment.

On top of that my days are prettttttttty long. I leave for the bus stop at 820, get to work by 9:45 and start at 10am. Then I work 8 hrs (with a 1 hr lunch) and get the bus home around 7pm and arrive around 8:15 back at home. Needless to say, I eat dinner and chill for a bit then hit the sack to do it all over again.

I'm really enjoying the experience of working in South America...everyone is VERY inviting and I get kisses on the cheek when I get to work.  My first day I was 45 minutes late because a bus was delayed and when I got to work they just shrugged their shoulders and told me I was forgiven.

This weekend I went to El Prado which is essentially like the Wisconsin State Fair.  At night they close down a street and its a HUGE PARTY, so I went with a group of friends and danced til 6 am.  I was too tired to stay the whole night...usually people dance til about 8 am!

Its starting to get nicer here, I cannot wait for Spring/Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment